This is a foundation level online training course aimed at all frontline staff to increase their awareness and knowledge of people who are experiencing Dementia. An introduction to Dementia (Tiers 1 and 2 -linked to Dementia Training Standards Framework 2018).
The course is delivered via a Recorded Powerpoint presentation which has been uploaded on the ESCC YouTube Channel. The Course can be accessed over a 5-day period providing flexibility for the learner. There are various activities and case studies to engage the learner. The course requires the completion and return of a workbook which serves to foster a deeper level of learning.
The video (YouTube) can be viewed on all digital platforms (including mobile phone) and can be viewed independently or as a small group (dependant on organisational social distancing policy) so please ensure you have YouTube installed.
This is a remotely delivered course and delegates should therefore ignore any map or venue information.
Once your place on this event has been confirmed, you will receive a separate email from the trainer, providing you with all the resources you need to complete the training.
After completion of the training, please look out for an email to complete session evaluation. We would appreciate your time in completing this so we can evaluate this process. You will then be able to access your certificate.
By the end of this course it is anticipated delegates will:
• Explain what dementia is
• Know the prevalence rates of dementia
• Understand the key functions of the brain affected by dementia
• Be aware of conditions that can be mistaken for dementia
• Know the most common types and causes of dementia
• Appreciate the importance of an early diagnosis
• Know the risk factors for dementia
• Recognise factors relating to an individual’s experience of dementia
• Understand the key features of the main theoretical models relating to dementia
• Appreciate factors relating to an individual’s experience of dementia
• Know how to apply a person-centred approach to care.
Videos have captions for delegates who are hard of hearing. Wearing earphones is also an option.