This introductory session outlines what autism is and common difficulties which autistic people face, including communication and sensory issues.
This session will be delivered via Zoom, so delegates need to have access to that platform.
Once your place on this event has been confirmed, you will receive a separate email with a link to the Zoom meeting. Please note this email will be sent from the East Sussex Learning Portal. please make sure you check your Spam/Junk folders for this email.
The link to join the training will be sent one week before the day of the event.
Please read the attached document "Attending Online Training" before joining the course.
- Be able to identify three common areas of difficulty for autistic people
- Be able to identify 2 specific areas of difficulty with communication
- Explore tips on how to support communication with autistic people and how they relate to trainees’ roles
- Be able to identify 2 specific areas of difficulty with sensory issues
- Explore tips on how to support autistic people with sensory issues and how they relate to trainee’s roles.
For security reasons your session is about to expire. You will be automatically signed out in
To continue your session, select Stay Signed In.