This session covers:
First 1.5 hours OT and OTAs to attend:
• legislation that we need to know about in relation to our responsibilities, our employers and how OT assessments sits within the legislation framework
• Anatomy and basic lifting principles
• Seated posture and the importance of repositioning for our clients
• Assist someone to stand techniques (we will practice these on the face to face sessions)
• Turning aids
Last 1 hour OTs only need attend. OTAs welcome if they wish:
• Stock slings and categories, measuring for
• Types of hoists and LOLER checks
• Slide sheets
• Stand aids
• Insitu slide sheets
Once your place on this event has been confirmed, you will receive a separate email with a link to the Microsoft Teams meeting. Please note this email will be sent close to the day/time of the event.
Please read the attached document "Attending Online Training" before joining the course.
Please see Course Description