SBA challenges approaches that focus assessment on problems and weaknesses. As a consequence, there is a need for different skills from assessors. In particular the ability to help people identify and explore strengths and then make creative use of them in meeting needs and achieving outcomes.
Once your place on this event has been confirmed, you will receive a separate email with a link to the Microsoft Teams meeting. Please note this email will be sent from the East Sussex Learning Portal. please make sure you check your Spam/Junk folders for this email.
The link to join the training will be sent one week before the day of the event.
Please read the attached document "Attending Online Training" before joining the course.
• Better utilisation of people's own capabilities, knowledge, skills and their natural support networks
• The reduction in the inadvertent creation of dependency and undermining of natural support networks which can happen when services are not intentionally arranged around people's family and community life.
• To provide an opportunity to reflect on embedding strength-based approaches individually and in teams
• To build on existing knowledge around strengths-based working
• Understand your own role in changing culture and practice.
For security reasons your session is about to expire. You will be automatically signed out in
To continue your session, select Stay Signed In.