This course is designed solely for care staff involved with serving food or drinks to clients, who do not have a direct role in the kitchen preparing or handling food, and who do not need to have the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering. The course will provide a basic knowledge of food hygiene in order to ensure that they are able to work safely with the food and drink their clients may be consuming.
To get the full benefit of this training, delegates should attend with their own device where possible. This can be a laptop, tablet or a smartphone.
Delegates should print a copy of the attached Workbook before each course so that they can be used during the training.
Once your place on this event has been confirmed, you will receive a separate email with a link to the Microsoft Teams or Zoom meeting. Please note this email will be sent from the East Sussex Learning Portal. please make sure you check your Spam/Junk folders for this email.
The link to join the training will be sent one week before the day of the event.
Please read the attached document "Attending Online Training" before joining the course.
This is a remotely delivered course and delegates should therefore ignore any map or venue information.
In this course you will cover the following topics:
1. Recognise the causes of food borne illness
2. Identify the meaning and legal significance of 'high risk foods'
3. Control of temperature i.e. the safe cooking, cooling, reheating, refrigeration, freezing and hot holding of food
4. The importance of excellent standards of personal hygiene for food handlers
5. The meaning and importance of 'cleaning' and 'disinfection'
6. Recognition of food pests
7. The relevance of food safety law.
By the end of this session it is anticipated that you will be able to ensure good practice in the safe handling and serving of food and drinks.