This is an online training course aimed at frontline staff who are working directly with people who are experiencing Dementia. (Tier 2 - linked to Dementia Training Standards Framework 2018).
You will receive an email with full instructions by 10am on the day of the training (including all resources and links)
*NOTE: It is recommended that you have completed Module 1: Dementia Awareness (Tiers 1 and 2) prior to taking this course to optimise your learning. These courses run regularly each month*
By the end of this course, it is anticipated delegates will:
• The importance of a Differential Diagnosis
• The types of Dementia that can be treated by medication and how they work
• Treatment of anxiety, depression and sleep disorders in Dementia
• The use and risks of using anti-psychotics in clients with dementia
• How medication can be used to support clients with dementia who may be in pain.
• Videos have captions for delegates who are hard of hearing. Wearing earphones is also an option.
This session is via YouTube 1 Online. Access requirements:
• Internet with sound/audio enabled
• Email account (resources will be emailed)
• Access to YouTube
• Microsoft Word for Workbook
• Adobe Reader for PDF (portable document format) documents
The course materials can be accessed from 9.30am on the date scheduled on the portal. Delegates can complete the course at any time during the week but must submit the workbook by 5pm on the Friday of the scheduled course date.
Allocate approx. 2-4 hrs to complete the course. Speed of course completion depends on the learner.