Once your place on this event has been confirmed, you will receive a separate email with a link to the Microsoft Teams meeting. The link to join the training will be sent one week before the day of the event. Please note this email will be sent from the East Sussex Learning Portal. Please make sure you check your Spam/Junk folders for this email.
Please read the attached document "Attending Online Training" before joining the course.
It is recommended this course the Restricted Mobility Part 1 is completed before attending this Moving and Handling of People with Restricted Mobility for Care Givers: Part 2 (face to face practical training).
This course is for care givers who assist and provide personal care for those clients with limited mobility, i.e. clients who are non-weight bearing, hoisted or spend prolonged periods in bed.
The course covers the following:
• Reflection on health and safety and care legislation relevant to moving and handling of people with complex needs
• Via videos we demonstrate a variety of equipment, including hoists and slings, stand aids and in-situ slide sheets
• We discuss various techniques for fitting slings with and without slide sheets
• We cover the effects that immobility has on the body, in relation to posture, tissue viability, circulation etc and the importance of ensuring clients sit in a functional postural position and are repositioned appropriately
• We discuss the needs of clients who have restricted mobility within bed or who may need to spend prolonged periods within the bed, covering equipment and techniques to assist with rolling, repositioning in bed, techniques to fit slings for clients who have limited ability or are unable to be rolled.
By the end of this session, it is anticipated candidates will:
Please note that this course has a Workbook, which must be completed and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly title your email with the course title and date and your name.
Your training record will not be updated with this training until the workbook has been received and marked.
Attached is the presentation for you in case you want to have a look at it or print if off before the session to make notes and for further reference afterwards.