Page 1 of 1
This Zoom online course is aimed at ESCC ACM staff who are DoLS Authorising Signatories.
Once your place on this event has been confirmed, you will receive a separate email with a link to the Microsoft Teams or Zoom meeting.
Please note this email will be sent from the East Sussex Learning Portal.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR SPAM/JUNK FOLDERS FOR THIS EMAIL.
The link to join the training will be sent one week before the day of the event.
Please read the attached document "Attending Online Training" before joining the course.
Please Note: BOTH DATES MUST BE ATTENDED (Online) to COMPLETE the course
It will include the following key topics:
• Latest DoLS news from Department of Health, CQC etc
• DoLS – scrutiny and the role of the supervisory body + SCIE guidance
• The DoLS assessments forms and guidance
• Form 3 – BIA assessment
• Defining Deprivation of Liberty – Article 5
• The Supreme Court ruling – Cheshire West
• What to look for on Form 3 – deprived of liberty?
• The best interests – the law
• Case studies – to apply learning to practice
• Best Interests Assessment – what to look for
• Statistics for DoLS
• Harm to the person and a proportionate response – what to look for
• Mental Capacity Assessment - what to look for
• Recent case law on assessment of capacity – what a person needs to understand
• Duration of DoLS
• Conditions – when, why and what?
• Mental Health Assessment – what to look for
• Form 5 – granting the authorisation
• Wider practice issues for managers in social services
• The future: Liberty Protection Safeguards and pre-authorisation reviewers.
This interactive session is aimed at ESCC ACM, ESCC DPS, PPE and Strategy and Commissioning staff.
The workshop is designed to advance implementation of The East Sussex Adult Social Care and Health (ASCH) Equality and Inclusion Strategy 2021. It draws on some key concepts to support participants in creating a safe, courageous, inclusive, organisational culture where issues related to diversity can be openly discussed and effectively addressed.
Please limit booking requests to a maximum of 3 per team. If we are able to accommodate more than this, we will advise.
Once your place on this event has been confirmed, you will receive a separate email with a link to the Microsoft Teams or Zoom meeting. Please note this email will be sent from the East Sussex Learning Portal. please make sure you check your Spam/Junk folders for this email.
The link to join the training will be sent one week before the day of the event.Essential Information
This training consist of two half day sessions. Your application, once confirmed, will be a booking for both half days.
We anticipate that the trainers will send out a pre course questionnaire, covering your place and area of work, and possibly to include any concerns you may have.Essential Information
SharePoint is a half day of training for East Sussex County Council users to familiarise themselves with the SharePoint platform.
This course is for anyone joining an ESCC team that uses Sharepoint libraries to store team information and who has not used Sharepoint before. The course will also cover managing your own Onedrive site used for storing personal documentation.
In response to Covid 19 and the extra stress and strain this has put on services, we are offering 6 workshops specifically for NST staff. The workshops will explore the impact of the past 18 months and give you the opportunity for some space to think and reflect. You only need to attend ONE of these workshops.
We will explore how hard it is to remain positive during this prolonged period of uncertainty, and consider how neuroscience can help.
It will also be a time to share with colleagues and learn from each other about tips and tricks for sustaining your wellbeing.
Finally, there will be a chance to consider your own wellbeing and self care, and explore a range of resources available.Essential Information
For security reasons your session is about to expire. You will be automatically signed out in
To continue your session, select Stay Signed In.